I’ve been asking a few times via snapchat if I can upload my recipe from last night, which was a version of Chipotle’s burrito bowl, LivinComidaLoca style! My creative juices were flowing heavy, so I’m even posting my snapchat story here for your viewing pleasure, which features the recipe! When you’re feeling like making a trip to Chipotle, but don’t want to a) wait in their lines backed up to Egypt b) consume all those calories c) don’t want to spend money or d) just want to get creative at home and please some tastebuds, you now have this recipe to fall back on! Get creative and do as you please, but here’s my version of a healthy bowl! Enjoy!
Ingredients (this is for two servings)
For the Cilantro-Lime Dressing:
1/2 C Organic Plain Non-Fat Greek yogurt (Trader Joes)
1 C fresh cilantro
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves (or more depending on how garlicky you like it)
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/2 TSP white wine vinegar
Kosher Salt for seasoning
1/2 fresh jalapeño
For the bowl:
1/2 C Organic quinoa (I got a huge bag at Costco)
1 C organic chicken broth (Trader Joes)
1/2 can of organic black beans (Trader Joes)
Green bell pepper
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Coconut oil for cooking
Kosher salt for seasoning
Fresh cracked black pepper for seasoning
Paprika for seasoning
Cumin for seasoning
Organic sweet corn kernels (Trader Joes)
Sprinkle of Fat-free mozzarella (Publix)
1/2 avocado, sliced
For the pico de gallo:
1/2 medium tomato on the vine
Lime juice to taste
- Rinse your quinoa in a strainer to clean. I made mine in a rice cooker, but if you’re dealing with stove top, pour chicken broth and quinoa in a pot and bring to a boil on medium heat. Cover and let cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the grains begin to curl.
- While the quinoa is cooking, season your chicken with the salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. I didn’t include specific measurements because it depends on your preference. If you need specific measurements, I would use about 1/2 tsp per breast. Just make sure they’re evenly coated. Heat coconut oil on a skillet and cook your chicken breasts all the way through. About 6-7 minutes per side. Remove and set on a cutting board to let rest. In a separate skillet, sauté your red onions and bell pepper for a few minutes until soft.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for your dressing in a Nutri Bullet or food processor until everything is smooth. Taste and season if necessary with a little more salt or garlic.
- Once your quinoa is cooked through, transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse your black beans and corn kernels in a strainer and toss with quinoa.
- Remove onions and peppers from heat, toss with quinoa mix.
- For pico, finely chop ingredients, mix in lime juice, toss with quinoa mix.
- Slice avocado, toss with quinoa mix.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella. Drizzle cilantro dressing. Enjoy!!